Re: [TenTec] Why I love Ten-Tec

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Why I love Ten-Tec
From: "B. Lee Cornwell" <k2blc@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 19:11:51 -0400

wa3fiy@radioadv.com wrote:

>Years ago I had an issue with my Paragon.  Wrote Ten Tec about it and
>why I thought they did not do a very good job in the design.  ( I have to
>laugh about that now, they did a fine job!   :-)  I still have that Paragon
>and
>will not part with it.  )      Got a personal letter from Jack (no boiler
>plate)
>explaining the Paragon design in considerable detail and why they did what
>they did.  I was duly impressed, with the design and with Jack and Ten Tec.
>I still have that letter in my file.  Have been using TT gear ever since with
>only short and not very satisfactory excursions to other stuff.
>
>73,
>
>-Lee-
>WA3FIY

I never made the excursion!(only for 2meter HT) I've had nothing but
Ten-Tec for 30 years! Just last week they sent me a transformer for the
bandpass board of an old Delta 580....I had one with a cracked core and
thought I would try for a new one instead of gluing it up....John E., (I
think that's correct) in the parts dept. sent me one at no charge saying
" I found this in the bottom of the box". How do you beat that !!
73
Lee K2BLC