Re: [TenTec] Ok, Off Topic, but long time no talk to folks...

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ok, Off Topic, but long time no talk to folks...
From: Dave Tipton <dave@lodave.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:02:28 -0700 (PDT)
I just found something by MFJ called a MFJ-934 which is a tuner with a built in
artificial ground... I think I may give this a shot.  I'm reading through the
manual now, and it appears that I can use it with a counterpoise and match it
accordingly.. Maybe the answer is to have a 20 foot hunk of wire I throw off
the balcony into the grass when I'm operating, and then match the ground and
the aluminum gutter....

Richard Detweiler <rdetweil@hotmail.com> wrote:  Counterpoise, absolutely,
Needs to be the wave length, also can get a
artificual ground, use it with the counter poise. ( TT I think made one )

gutter, maybee but 'low' power, like 10 watts. Joints are good source for
rectification.

Watch out for TVI, a real headache with TV's, especially older ones.

Watch out for Phone Interference, might want to filter your lines but
really even that might not help.

Would try a vertical maybe mobile antenna with a gound plane, 3 wires the
length of the band needed, I've found that you can use ribbon cable. then
split up several wires leaving what looks like one wire but is actually
several different lengths of wire for the desired bands.

Speaking of which, have you thought about going mobile? much better
situation.

Tuner ' yes ' or better yet, base load the antenna with a coil.

Can try a high guage magnet wire strung around the outside, again low
power...

lots of ideas, but really is a matter of practicality and what you want to
do.

Best wishes,
Rich
K5SF