[TenTec] Hurricane sale...triton 540 aka trition 4

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hurricane sale...triton 540 aka trition 4
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 21:58:14 -0400
since the weather has been so crappy because of the storm going up
the east coast, i spent most of the day cleaning the shack, testing
and repairing radios and whatnots..

I found a trition IV that was on the list of "things to fix" and it
looks like I just won't get to it this year, I've got four more
tritons on the pile, so one has to go.

here's da poop!

Ten Tec 540 (Triton IV) with the newer four pole amp connector for
power and not the older jones plug.

here's what I know..

dial lights are out.
NO blanker NO CW filter
The dummy plug that goes in the rear is gone, ( I tested the radio
with the only one i have!)

PTO is fine, but abit stiff. dial cord is nice, no droppy pointer on
this one

Transmits
Receives
Needs band switch cleaned

all and all in nice shape. Silk screen is nice, there no scuff marks
on panel. Front panel is NOT perfect. Overall the old gal is not in
too  bad of shape.

so, it you're looking for a winter fixer project that won't take too
much, here's your chance..

email me off list for details..

mike
Mike Bryce, WB8VGE