[TenTec] Omni VI low signal on recieve

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI low signal on recieve
From: "Harry N. Coates" <WA8HC@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 10:28:20 -0400
Mark,
I had a similar occurrence when I installed the Inrad roofing filter mod.. When
I turned the Omni on, after completeing the mod there was very little signal..
What had I done to my radio now??

Ended up being a poor grounding connection on the BPF/FRONT END board.. Bottom
left hand front board.. Gave each mounting screw a tweek and all was well..
Seemed like only one screw was the real grounding connection.. After finding
that, I went through the whole radio nudging every mounting screw I could
find.. Never had seen an S9+20 signal before on this Omni, and there was a
marked noise reduction..  FWIW..

GL,
Harry N. Coates
Comstock Park, MI