[TenTec] O II 2.037j

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] O II 2.037j
From: cx7tt@4email.net
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 10:37:29 -0300
Hola,
I downloaded the update a couple of days ago and so far I like it a LOT!
I do see the cw sidetone issue others have mentioned. I normally ran it
around "40" and it was fine. Now "40" works for speaker but needs around
90-100 when on the headphones. Beware when shifting from headphones to
speaker or you will blow yourself out of the shack!
The most improved feature for me is the NR...now it finally sounds like
a Pro III; noise hiss on 15m with rf gain at 85 and NR at 3, the noise
just disappears while the other station sigs just "jump out". Very nice
work TT.
I do not understand the AGC slope feature of: Flat, 1:10db and 2:10db. I
see there are some very sharp guys on this reflector and would like an
explanation of what this means and how to select the correct setting for
different band condx. I.E., which is better for weak-signal cw work vs
contesting.
I have not experienced the 'raspy audio' issue others have noted.
73
Tom
CX7TT