Re: [TenTec] Orion 2.059d - TUNE bug?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2.059d - TUNE bug?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:13:14 -0500
> No, but when I pushed the SUB RX button to put it on VFO B I
> got the blue screen of death - my display went blank and none
> of the buttons would work although I could hear the Rx.

I'd say you have something else going on other than problems with the new
software.  I've been punching buttons on 2.059 for two days now with nary a
"blue screen of death".

> the fuzzy raspy audio and
> the scratchiness of this version,

2.  The only "fuzzy" audio I've encountered is on the internal speaker, and
only on my v2 Orion.  On an external speaker there is no fuzz.  I have no
clue whether I have something mechanical with the internal speaker at issue,
or if there's some electrical difference in the internal/external speaker
connections.

As to "raspy and scratchy", I haven't observed that at all.

Both versions have been working quite well.  I like the way they play.

Grant/NQ5T