Re: [TenTec] Argo V final replacment

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo V final replacment
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:52:07 -0400
I don't have a good answer... No typical "had 2 meter antenna connected" or
"cat fell asleep on the key" lines.
I noticed I was only getting 10 watts output, and felt that the heatsink was
HOT during a cw qso. I turned it off and rechecked all my antenna ins and
outs. Tried again and found no output at all.
I also noticed the heat sink would heat up even with the rig turned off!!
(shorted final??). So, I chalk it up as one of those "things that go bump in
the night" mysteries.
...Dave