[TenTec] Back to 1.373b5

To: "Ten Tec" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Back to 1.373b5
From: "Joseph Trombino Jr" <w2kj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:52:03 -0400
OK....I tried V2.059d in my Orion for a couple of days and just prefer the
way V1.373b5 works.

I like the way the S meter still gives me usable readings when I crank the
RF gain down and the QSK seems better....there are some keying artifacts in
the audio of V2.059d that just aren't there in V1.373b5...the keying seems
much more crisp and clean in V1.373b5.

What a radio....if you don't like the latest version of firmware you can
just go back to whatever version works best for your rig and your tastes.

Best radio I have ever used....and that includes my OMNI VI/3 I had for 9
years.

Will be very interested in how the OMNI VII performs when it comes out.

                                    73, Joe W2KJ
                                    North Carolina