[Orion] Roofing Filter for Orion Sub RX

To: tentec@contesting.com, orion@contesting.com,orion565@yahoogroups.com, tentec@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Orion] Roofing Filter for Orion Sub RX
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:42:17 -0400
Hello Orion Owners:

         As most of you know, Orion and Orion II use a
wide roofing filter in the Sub Receiver.  I believe it's in
the range of 15-20 kHz at 45 MHz which causes the Sub
RX to have much worse front-end performance than the
Main RX.

         It may be possible for Inrad to offer a 4-5 kHz
roofing filter for the Sub RX at a price around $175.
I'm doing a little poll to see how many folks might be
interested in this.  If you are, please send an email to:

         orionsubrxroofingfilter@yahoo.com

and indicate whether you have an Orion or Orion II.
Please don't ask me for more details...I'm simply
testing the waters to see if there is demand for this.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV