Re: [TenTec] Identifying Filter Boards

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Identifying Filter Boards
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:31:15 -0400
The Argosy rigs also came stock with a 4-pole SSB filter (9 MHz), just
as the first Corsairs did.  Replacing the filter with the model 220
8-pole made a huge improvement in the Argosy, both on CW and SSB.  As
you can imagine, many did replace them on both the Corsair and Argosy
rigs so there are probably many floating around loose.  A fellow bought
mine, removed the crystals and inserted them into his 4-pole.  That was
above my pay grade, however.

73, Mike N4NT