Re: [TenTec] I need help in repairing my Argosy II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] I need help in repairing my Argosy II
From: <jones_winston@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:39:19 -0400
A few years back, I had the same problem with a Corsair. A PTO rebuild fixed
it. Ten-Tec sells a PTO
rebuild kit with instructions. I'm not that good with my hands, so it took me
about four hours to do the
entire job. It gets tricky sometimes trying to get the spring and all the parts
back together. If you can
spare the money, it's probably worth the extra cost to let Ten-Tec do it for
you. It's a common problem
so I'm sure they've done many of them and are much better at it than me.

73, Winston K4CWQ

> From: Giorgio Santantonio <iz0dio@yahoo.it>
> Date: 2006/09/22 Fri AM 12:50:54 EDT
> To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
> Subject: [TenTec] I need help in repairing my Argosy II
>
> My Argosy II is suffering of a VFO problem: on same specific VFO position the
> frequency jump around
about 1 KHz and the tuning is impossible or can be done with high difficulties.
I suspect this is due to
the VFO (probably it have to be cleaned). Someone experienced a similar problem
and can gime me
an help?