Re: [TenTec] dual receivers

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] dual receivers
From: "GARY HUBER" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 07:36:20 -0500
True Dual Receive capability (A + B VFO RX) is (has been) available from
Ten-Tec in the ORION series, Corsair and Corsair II w/ external (PTO) VFO
series and predecessor OMNI (PTO) w/ external VFO series transceivers. The
PLL based Paragon and OMNI (newer) series transceivers cannot provide DUAL
Receive (only A or B VFO receive is available not A+B) unless a separate
receiver or transceiver is connected to the aux antenna/rx jack and the
switch set for aux rx on the older PTO transceivers.

With true Dual RX, one can hear both the DX station (i.e. RX only on VFO A)
and the calling stations (i.e. RX and TX on the B VFO) in the pile up. Under
propagation conditions where both the DX and calling stations are received,
true Dual RX provides the capability to determine where the DX station is
listening (and working) by listening to the DX (to see who is called by the
DX) and the station(s) responding.

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M
csm-gh@csm-gh.com