[TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying Question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying Question
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:04:37 -0500
Hi again,
On my recently acquired Omni VI+, I am experiencing problems keying my
TL-922A amp.  The amp has been modified so that the keying line requires
sinking only 10 VDC @ 10 ma, so a relay should handle it easily!  I have
turned the relay on in the menu, but either "on" or "off", the line is keyed
all the time.  Unplugging the cable unkeys the amp, so the cable is not
shorted.  Cable also works fine with the Orion II.  Is there something
common I should look for, or is it Ten Tec service calling time??  I just
don't want to overlook something obvious before calling Paul.  Loving the
rig so far!!
73,
Don, WB5HAK