Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Query

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Query
From: <jones_winston@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:50:18 -0400
Bill,
The little 25-amp switching power supplies, from various manufacturers, work
great with the Jupiter.
That's what I use. Ten-Tec also markets a switching supply for it under the
Ten-Tec brand name. You
can also get switching supplies from MFJ, Astron and others. They're much
lighter than the larger,
linear power supplies. They also have overvoltage and overcurrent protection.
If you get one, make
sure it's designed for radio use as the switching supplies need filtering to
keep hash noise out of the
radio.

73, Winston K4CWQ