[TenTec] Update on Omni VI+ Keying

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Update on Omni VI+ Keying
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 22:39:59 -0500
Thanks to all for the help and advice.  For the info of all, the relay in
this VI+ was sealed, so no opportunity for previous owners to "wedge"
contacts.  C8 (.01 capacitor) was shorted.  Replacing it solved the n.o.
contact that was shorted.  Still won't key (using the trusty old ohmmeter,
not the amp) and I'm not brave enough to go further with surface mount
transistors, hi.  I was brave enough to take the surface mount C8 off the
board and replace with a small discrete component, but that transistor looks
AWFULLY small, hi.  I'll contact Paul and go from there.  Again, thanks to
all for suggestions to try.
73,
Don, WB5HAK