Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 229B tuner problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec 229B tuner problem
From: d.e.warnick@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 10:50:38 +0000
Current thinking on tuner design is that the balun should be in thi input,
rather than at the output of the tuner. The problem is that the balun is
operated at the mismatch, call that high SWR, and therefore is inefficient and
does heat up. I suspect that this is your problem. At high power, it can occur.
For full info, read the latest ARRL Handbook. The give an excellent
explanation. Also see the Palstar web site. My AT5K uses the new design theory
and the balun behaves nicely
Dave
WA3MKB

From: Douglas <sparks06524@yahoo.com>