Re: [TenTec] TenTec Orion I V2

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Orion I V2
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@callatg.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 09:17:09 -0700
Thanks for the note Bernhard. I will reserve my estimation of the Orion
until I learn more about it. It took me a full year to begin to appreciate
the Jupiter.

While something appears not to work correctly it is usually because I dont
understand how to get the desired result. I veiw this as a challenge.

My Orion works. When I downloaded 2.059d the sub rx became nil. Master
resetting and battery dumps did not correct the problem. There is white
noise from the sub rx, but no signal. Because the main rx works as does the
rest of the radio, I will wait to send it in for repair because my GUESS is
that it is a firmware glitch. It MAY not be but if the rest of the radio
works  I am happy to work with whatever is left.

I am thinking that while Ive had the Orion for about a year, it is a
complicated enough beast that where I am not as far along on it as the
Jupiter after a full year. Yet I am sure that full gratification is in my
future as it has been with each new Ten Tec radio since the Omni VI.

As familiarity with CW is the key to increased code speed, so it is with
having a new Ten Tec radio. This radio give controls to the operator that no
other radio has. Ive learned that if something doesnt work, or that it
doesnt do whats expected is not the problem of the radio. In fact Ive seen
that to draw this conclusion hastily only leads to bad juju. Befuddlement.
Gas. High anxiety. My name is Ben and I am a Tentecaholic.