[TenTec] Omni Power Increase?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni Power Increase?
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 12:11:04 EDT
The talk about the O2 power adjustment reminded me of a question that I've
been meaning to ask for a while.

I understand that the finals in the Omni VI run just fine at 16 Volts,
perhaps even at higher voltages.  Has anyone attempted to isolate the 12V  line
the finals and run that at increased voltage?  Can you run  everything at a
higher voltage and allow the regulators to reduce it where  appropriate?  I
know
that the manual allows a fairly wide range of voltages  to be used for normal
operation.

I'd like my 100W radio to be just that, I'm usually seeing 80-95W  output.

Paul;, K5AF