Re: [TenTec] TT 709 Mic

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT 709 Mic
From: "Gregory J. Knapp" <gknapp@freshrain.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:07:42 -0700
I use the TT 709 with my Orion II. My wife, KB6TTC, monitoring on another
receiver (TS-940), says my voice through it is by far the most accurate she
has EVER heard coming from any mike or rig (and I've had/have a lot of them,
e.g., TS-940, K2, TS-440). I have to agree, it's a winner!  I've used it for
about 6 months now (since I got the Orion II), and all the hams that know my
voice say it sounds exactly like me on the air. I can't ask for more than
that out of a microphone. I am very pleased with it, and highly recommend it
to everyone.
I also would like to mount it on a boom, but just haven't gotten around to
figuring out how to do it easily.  73 de Greg, N6GK