Re: [TenTec] Dial Cords

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dial Cords
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:39:07 -0400
N4LQ came up with an "Old Indian Trick" for putting the dial skirt back
onto the shaft.  He made a loop of dental floss and hooked the loop over
the end of the D-spring.  The loop worked great to open that D-spring
enough to let the skirt slip easily onto the shaft.  When done, the loop
slips right out.

BE SURE that when replacing the front panel you do not overtighten the
corner screws.  They will crack the panel.

73, Mike N4NT