Re: [TenTec] Orion 28 Mhz noise

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 28 Mhz noise
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:33:01 -0700
My first thought also would be a switching power supply, but just to make
sure it's not something internal to the Orion, I would disconnect all
antennas from the radio and see how the effects the noise on the other
receivers in the shack.  It's possible that the antenna connection to the
Orion could be radiating the power supply noise, so that has to be taken
into account too.

I'll put my money on the power supply!

Ron Castro
Chief Technical Officer