[TenTec] Fw: Orion freezing up

To: "TenTecForum" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Orion freezing up
From: "Bernhard Hoidn" <bernhard.hoidn@online.de>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:14:07 +0200

DL2RBB
Bernhard Hoidn
Landshut
Germany

Hi Danny

I bought in June, 2006 an Orion I V2 with Firmware 2056. A few days later,
the sub RX hanged up. The S-meter was full on the right side and I heard
only noise.
After I turned on the radio a few times, the sub rx worked again.
Than, if I use headphones, after a while I couldn´t hear anything. Also the
speaker is mute.
A new phenomen was last week,   the sub rx hanged up, than I could hear the
audio of the main RX on the audio path of sub RX.  I could turn the  volume
of the Main RX with the Sub RX knob.

My German TenTec Dealer always says, it´s a software problem; now I used
three different firmware and the problems are the same.
That is not  a good  promotion  for TenTec Radios

73

Bernhard