Re: [TenTec] roller inducter help

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] roller inducter help
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:14:18 -0600
On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 12:56 -0400, k3tx wrote:
>   Would it be difficult to make a new bushing to replace the worn one?
> Sounds like a simple lathe job.  Is it brass/bronze or plastic (teflon)?

I don't think its a tough lathe job no matter what the material. It may
be so simple that the mounting nut is loose or that a stock bushing from
one of the hardware makers like Millen, National, Concord, or Keystone
would already fit the hole. I don't have the tuner and I've never seen
the roller coil in question, but I'd have more than a little confidence
that the bushing has a 1/4" bore, a 1/2 or 9/16" hex, and a 3/8-32
thread about a half inch long, like the bushing for a volume control.
Like a Keystone 1705, catalog number 534-1705 from Mouser
(www.mouser.com) for 85 cents. I can't buy a suitable piece of brass
stock for that price. But then if it was my tuner, I'd have already gone
to my drive and panel bushing drawer and picked out the part.

The bushing and panel mount for a headphone jack can also sometimes be
put into shaft bearing service, though they tend to have shorter
threads.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,