Re: [TenTec] O2 Backlighting Longevity

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2 Backlighting Longevity
From: ss409ss@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:31:17 -0500

 I dont know if its EL or a tube but if its a tube it will last longer than EL.
EL is affected by age,quality and the amount of time its in operation. 10 years
is the best you will get from EL before it starts lose its luster. The Tube
(cold cathode) will generally last longer but with both, the transformers that
step up the voltage to power them can give up the ghost as well. The tubes stay
brighter longer IMHO.