Re: [TenTec] ORION died

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION died
From: k4ia@aol.com
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 11:30:55 -0500
 Check that flimsy little power plug and socket on the back of the radio. I
found that the pins on mine had gotten compressed and it wasn't making a good
contact. My power supply was producing the needed power but it wasn't getting
to the radio. In fact the plug was black on the inside from arcing. I used a
small screwdriver to expand the pins (they have a slot in the middle) on the
radio socket and cleaned it with a bit of emory cloth jammed in the socket.
After that it worked fine.

 I believe the wire TT supplies and the plug/socket are sub-par for the amount
of current this radio draws.

 Let us know if that helps.

 k4ia
 Buck