Re: [TenTec] Which orion has the correct display ?

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Which orion has the correct display ?
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:51:01 -0600

> It might have something to do with how you set the contrast
> in the  menu.

I'd also be wary of relying on digital photographs of radios on the web
since you don't know what color balance was set on the camera, and what the
actual ambient lighting is.  Many digicams leave much to be desired when set
to "auto" color balance.  Some types of flourescent ambient lighting can
easily cause a nice green tint in an uncorrected digital photo.

I've had three 565 Orions through my shack, and they've all been black and
white.  Certainly not green.  Maybe a really slight blue tint at some
contrast settings, but basically B&W.

Grant/NQ5T