Re: [TenTec] SS last weekend

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SS last weekend
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:28:54 -1000
The ferrite is keeping RF picked up by to headphone cable from getting
into the electronics and causing the thump, right? So then is the Orion
not designed to work around strong EM fields, without having to add
attachments to your headphone cable?

I have had RF intrusion into various rigs, cause troubles. Every time it
was due to a poorly made cable connected to an input (usually
microphone) never to a headphone output jack. So I know that even the
best rigs may be susceptible to strong RF in the shack. On the headphone
jack though? From just the pickup on the headphone cable? Tell me it is
not true, and the guys with this problem are either doing something
really wrong, or have defective rigs. This is Ten-Tec premier rig, right?

DE N6KB