Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Question

To: "TenTec List" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Question
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:27:57 -0800
Ed:

I believe that the #4 pin on most newer Ten-Tec rigs (with a 4 pin mic),
including the Omni VI is 9 volts.  At least that's what I remember from my
Omni V (no longer in the shack), according to the manuals for the Argo V and
Orion (565).  All of these operate with the T-T 706 mic which requires a
voltage for the electret mic element.

Previously I had an Icom 761 that had 8 volts at the mic connector -
according to the manual.  Of course when I measured the voltage it was
closer to 6 VDC.  (The mic didn't seem to care.)

73,

Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk