Re: [TenTec] TRLog 6.78 & Orion 1.372 one way communication

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TRLog 6.78 & Orion 1.372 one way communication
From: "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:46:12 -0500
Terry,

If you still have the hard drive from the 486/DOS, install it in the Windows
machine as a second
drive.  If your bios will allow, set it to boot off the DOS drive and run TR
like you used too.  If
the bios won't allow, you can install it temporarily as the primary...that will
get you through this
week's contest.

As for the short memory when booting to DOS on the Windows machine, there are
probably some
statements needed in the Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files to load some
applications in upper
memory. I've forgotten exactly what they are and if you have too, this might
help:
http://www.computerhope.com/msdos.htm

73, Ted W4NZ