[TenTec] Adapting PTO style Ten-Tec transceivers for FSK

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Adapting PTO style Ten-Tec transceivers for FSK
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 06:18:16 -0800
I've done a preliminary search of the Internet on this subject but
surprisingly came up dry....

Does anyone have notes describing successful modifications for the PTO
style transceivers?

And yes, I know about AFSK but I'd prefer to avoid it. I recently set up
my Orion for FSK and would like to modify one of my other transceivers
to incorporate FSK. I suppose it might be as easy as providing a
calibrated voltage control to a small varactor operating in parallel to
the one used for RIT/XIT.... yet you would also have to unbalance the
balanced mixer to insert carrier OR operate in CW mode without the
normal CW offset taking effect. So although simple in concept adding FSK
creates some interesting challenges. So wondering if anyone tackled this
in the past.

Happy Turkey Day to all!

Jerry, KG6TT
Fairfield, CA