Re: [TenTec] Omni VI first impressions

To: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI first impressions
From: "Steve Hunt" <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:27:56 -0000
John,

Thanks for that - you've set my mind at rest.

I can live with the problem by adjusting the PBT, but I didn't want to think I
was the only one to have the problem!

I'm always slightly nervous buying a used rig and I've already discovered I
will need to replace the AF gain pot which is very "scratchy" just at the point
where I will use it most. It doesn't feel like a dust problem - it feels as if
the track has broken up at that point. I'm hoping TT carry a spare and that
it's not too bad a job to get the lower pot. board out. I've already taken a
few screws off and it looks "do-able"

73,
Steve G3TXQ