Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 47, Issue 45

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 47, Issue 45
From: Art <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:55:15 -0700
Tim
I use a relay powered from switched TX voltage in the rig to dump rx ant power
into a 47 ohm 2W resistor during transmit. My rx ant was much closer than
yours. It got warm so I'm glad I chose 2W. I just used a small cheap relay. It
was fast enough to follow the QSK.

2W heat came from using an amp. Barefoot, 1/4 wave away, you might not have to
worry about it. If you have the time, test the theory out. Ground your rx ant
thru a 50 ohm resistor, measure the induced volts with a rf meter or o-scope
for your power calculation. Someone on the reflector will know what the
dissipation capability of the rx ant input is. Sorry I don't.

73 Art

Message: 1