Re: [TenTec] Model 260 PSU problem

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 260 PSU problem
From: "Steve Hunt" <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 12:48:21 -0000
Jerry,

Just to report that the PSU is now repaired and working well. I'll keep an eye
on the Diode Bridge case temperature for a few days to check the heat-sinking
is OK.

Yes, I drilled a new hole midway between the TO-3 mounting holes, and a
corresponding one in the bottom of the case. I could have used one of the
existing TO-3 holes, but I felt it was better to have the new bridge sitting
centrally in the heat sink. I was careful to "deburr" the new holes so that
bridge "sat" flush on the sink, and the sink sat flush against the case.

The PSU is now very much quieter. Hardly surprising when you think that the
transformer was supplying nothing on one half-cycle, and lots of current on the
other half-cycle!!

73,
Steve G3TXQ