Re: [TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:48:47 EST
Find out what the finals should draw.
Look in your manual.
It should tell you at such a 100w 18 amps.
That is just an example.
If finals are bad you get  like a 20 amp+ draw at say half of rated  output.
But that would be the same on all bands give or take a few watts and  amps.
If on the bands that don't trip you get full out put and the right draw the
finals are probably fine.
I would look at a an RF problem, breaker problem or power supply placement
problem.
Check voltage under load at the inside of the power connector.
I do not think you have a finals problem.
Dan/N4VET