[TenTec] Corsair II AGC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II AGC
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:19:28 -0600
Last weekend I used my Corsair II in the 160m contest. It is much quieter on
rcv than my Omni VI+, and will hear anything that the Omni VI+ will.

I did have some front end overload or AGC pumping from strong signals in the
passband (not sure which). Because of the design of the AGC circuit, is
there any cure for this?
A narrow roofing filter like Inrad made for the Omni V& VI series would be
nice, but would it still have the AGC problem?

Also has anyone tried moving the rx trx switch on the back to a place that
is more accessable?

Thanks for any comments either on or off the reflector.

73 Paul K9OT