[TenTec] Pegasus Control - Follow Up

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Control - Follow Up
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:26:32 -0500
I did a little more testing with my Pegasus control software. It looks like
when you first power on (or perhaps reset the DSP) the Pegasus, Keep Alives are
enabled, i.e. if you key the transmitter with no serial data coming from the
computer, the Pegasus does not go into transmit.  If you then issue the disable
Keep Alive (#8<cr>) command, the radio will go into transmit with not data
coming from the computer. When you issue subsequent enable Keep Alive (#9<cr>)
commands, the Pegasus responds with Z (unknown). The Pegasus will go into
transmit, so it appears that Keep Alives are disabled.  It looks like there is
no way to enable Keep Alives (other than a reset) after they have been disabled.

73,
Mark