Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 48, Issue 40

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 48, Issue 40
From: "n4dsp" <n4dsp@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:23:27 -0500
Jim,
dropping the code is NOT going to remove the impediment, which you call it,
that prevents youngsters from pursuing amateur radio. One only has to look
at the baseball fields, basketball courts, and football fields to understand
that. Sure you will find some youth playing sports but not like it was in
our days. Youth of today do not want to exert themselves but want an easy
fix like putting a cd in a cdrom and playing John Madden Football.
People are in this mode of thinking that if we drop this and do this it will
attract more of the younger generation is false. Lets face it Ham Radio is
dying and will likely continue to die and there is not a thing we can do
about it. It just does not interest the youth of today like it did in our
days.

john-n4dsp