Re: [TenTec] Eliminating CW as a License Requirement

To: <gsm@mendelson.com>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eliminating CW as a License Requirement
From: "Larry L. Laflamme" <laflamme@ncia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 04:33:37 -0000

> > You propose 10 wpm. If you want to work me on CW you will have to copy
> > faster because I can't send that SLOW even by my hand key. Actually at
> > 10 wpm you can still count dots and dashes, it takes 13 and above (which
> > is why that magic number for licenses in the past) to change from
> > counting to character recognition.
>
> I guess you never worked any novices.............

"...Your CW is no problem to copy.  All I have to do is get out my pencil
and
write the letters down as they come in.  I have to do that for slower
code.  Once it gets up to 15 or 20 WPM, I can copy it in my head no
problem.  If it is too slow, I forget the letters before the end of the
word...Jack  KA2SJG"

Worked one today...I am rusty with CW and send about 10WPM with straight
key(my copy speed), and he had to work to copy me; we both had to write the
copy down...slow?yes!fun?Yes
Larry, N!SHM