[TenTec] Proper adjustment of dial skirt

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Proper adjustment of dial skirt
From: john <johnmb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 08:30:23 -0500
What is the proper function of the dial skirt in older TT gear (an Omni D,
Mod C, is the one I'm working on right now).  I know about the felt disks ,
but is it intended that the dial skirt rotate at the same speed as the knob
itself ? I guess the question more specifically is,  when installing the
knob, is it correct to firmly press the knob against the felt/skirt, or...?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all

John K5MO