Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 & 2 "Talk Power" problem

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 1 & 2 "Talk Power" problem
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:05:02 -0600
> constant on the ALC when in the SSB mode.  The big question
> that still looms is whether this is a purely analog hardware
> function, or if it is controlled in any way the firmware.

See the section on Transmit Gain Control (TGC), here:
http://www.doug-smith.net/digitalagc.htm.

V2 or not, I suspect the general notion is still applicable and that
transmit ALC is not purely an analog function.  I doubt that this was ripped
out in v2.  Like NR, there may be some differences in implementation.  If
you look through both v1 and v2/II rev history you will find several
instances where changes of one kind or another have been made in TGC
parameters.

Grant/NQ5T