Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio Control/Contesting??
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:21:44 -0600
I will talk to Santa for you Ron Hi Hi:

Thanks for the information, I am thinking seriously about selling my IC-775 in
order to afford a TenTec after the experience I am
presently having with the older OMNI D series B I just recently got.

Probably wont be an Orion, I just saw the price tag on that, the OMNI VI+ from
what I have seen may be more inline with what I can
afford to do right now, but that may not be any better than the IC-775.

I really was not expecting to get a radio of such great audio quality,
selectivity and sensitivity when I decided on the trade for
the OMNI D series B that I am listening to in the background as I write this. I
had this rig on 160 and 80 meters last night and
heard everything everyone else did. When I did the A/B switching to the IC-775
without the DSP filtering the audio was very harsh
and the signal was not as readable.

Guess I had fallen prey to the opinions of others as you stated, but now that
it is here in the shack alive and in color, I am
really reconsidering my past decisions against Ten Tec these days.

One other thing, I had called TenTec a while back to ask questions about the
Pegasus and the guys where very helpful and stayed on
the phone with me until all my questions where answered, then before hanging up
asked me if there were any other questions they
could answer, not sure how you could ask for better customer service.

  73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: BUR, LotW, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
Old calls: WY5L/KH3-KE5CTY-N5IET