Re: [TenTec] The secret to GREAT audio -- only $3.79!

To: geraldj@storm.weather.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The secret to GREAT audio -- only $3.79!
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:27:01 -0600
HELLO...I've been, along with an audio consultant friend ( very
opinionated , BUT usually correct), and another friend in the sound
contracting business been trying to send this same message.

My "main mic happens to be a shure element mounted into a flexboom
housing i make from a gooseneck lamp from target. Total cost 9.99$ (
the element was from the hamfest box an old shure mic..  (with a
rising hi end,,,, but not a screacher,,,)

My portable setup ( in a pelican case) uses a stereo computer headset
$6.99, that  has an electret element !!!  I used a small
handheld-sized box to hold the ptt switch, and  provide the two 1/8"
5mm stereo jacks which connect to the headset.
The box has a cable with the usual foster 8 pin mic plug for the
elecraft. Since I wired the K2 as an ICOM , I have the speaker audio
on pin8...works great

Since there was some spare room in the box , I also put a radio shack  9$
audio memory chip  to save the " CQCQ NY9H QRP  !!"

YOU CAN BUILD YOUR OWN MIC ,  TO GO WITH YOUR K2,,,,
dig in and try it ...

BILL  NY9H