Re: [TenTec] Titan III

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan III
From: "David W LeJeune, Sr" <lejeuned@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:03:46 -0600
    Just experienced the same thing with my Titan III (line fuses blowing).
Replaced them, and watched the plate meter pegged twice without the fuses
blowing.  Happened every time I switched from Standby to Operate.  Each time
I would quickly switch back to Standby before it blew the fuses.  After a
few times doing this (switching from Standby to Operate to Standby) it
settled down to normal operation.  Don't know how long this will last,
though.  Scarey.  Hardly think it's a problem with the choke arcing - sounds
like maybe an intermitten grid or screen short?  I'll call TenTec on
Tuesday.  Titan III is only 6 months old.

Dave K5WNV