Re: [TenTec] INRAD 762 and Orion 565

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] INRAD 762 and Orion 565
From: "Bob Cunnings" <bob.cunnings@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 14:15:25 -0700
The Inrad 762 would go in the 1kHz slot in the 565, where it performs
very well indeed - because it doesn't suffer from the IMD degradation
associated with the 500 Hz and 250 Hz filter positions (which have a
different center frequency anyway). More details here:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/inrad_.htm

I have mine in the 1.8 kHz slot since I only operate cw anyway and
have the 1.8 kHz filter dialed in on a permanent basis. This way I
still have the 1kHz filter available when I'm in the mood to use it.

Bob NW8L