Re: [TenTec] Orion I and II on Ebay

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I and II on Ebay
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 09:06:04 -0800
Why not?  The purpose of any auction is to ascertain the fair market value
of an item.  If you restrict the market, you defeat the purpose of the
auction.  As a Ten Tec equipment owner, I want to know about auctions of TT
equipment not only because I might want to buy the items for sale, but to
give me a handle on what my equipment is worth.  I can understand  the list
objecting to dancing 'flash' banner adds, 32 point fonts with non-stop
advertisements and  multiple posts of "Hurry...Only 4 days left to bid!!!!"
type ads, but IMHO a casual mention that an Orion is for sale on e-bay is of
general interest to those of us who frequent this list, even if it's being
made by the seller.

Let's not stifle free speech or the free market on this list!

      Ron  N6IE
 www.N6IE.com
(Formerly N6AHA)