Re: [TenTec] Orion 565

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 565
From: "Larry Menzel" <retire@means.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 11:18:07 -0600
Yo, Ken,

Well, that depends.  If you wish to try the newer software releases, 2.xxx
and following, then yes.  Some like it, some don't.  Kinda up to you.

Having said that, it's an easy mod to do, just follow the instruction, which
are very clear and well illustrated, and do it.  It doesn't hurt anything,
and it gives you more flexibility to make the radio exactly what you want it
to be.

IMHO, yes, it's worth doing, but does it make a big difference, no.  In fact
many guys prefer 1.373xx better.  I do, but I did do the mod.  However,
future releases will (we certainly hope, anyway) change some of the things
guys object to in 2.xxx firmware, and you'll need it done then anyway.

Just my $.02

Larry, N0XB
Northfield, MN