[TenTec] re Orion Filters

To: tentec@contesting.com, ad8p@wcoil.com
Subject: [TenTec] re Orion Filters
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:18:47 -0500
AD8P wrote in part:

I am buying an Orion I with an Inrad 600hz roofing filter and the optional 1.8
filter as well.

Bill:  First it is an Orion, there is also an Orion II.  There is no such thing
as an Orion I.

Put the Inrad 600 InRad in the 1 Khz slot and hide the TT 1 Khz filter in a
drawer.  That is all you will need for cw.  The 250 Hz filter is at best
overkill and at worst a detriment to rx operation.

With the 1.8, or really on ssb set the PBT to +150.  That way you can use dsp
filtering down to about 1400 Hz and retain voice intelligibility.

Save your money on the 250 fitler.   73 bob de w9ge