[TenTec] Corsair II and Shure 526T SeriesII quuestion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II and Shure 526T SeriesII quuestion
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:03:25 EST
I am using a Shure 526T Series II mic with a Corsair II.
The mic clips signals if set over a 3.
Here is question.
On all amplified mic I have used in the past if you turn the mic gain all
the way down it shuts off the mic.
This is not the case on this Shure.
I can turn it all the way down and still have a good signal out on the  scope.
Is that the way the Shures are set up or do I have a mic problem?
I am going to take the battery out tonight and see if the scope still shows
a signal from the mic.
If it does I must have a bad mic right?
If any of you guys have one of these mics could you let me know how yours
works as to this problem.
I would think the output should be 0 or close to it turned down to 1.

Thanks in advance,
Dan/N4VET