[TenTec] Restoring 1320 QRP

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Restoring 1320 QRP
From: "MICHAEL CLARKE" <michaelclarke719@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:48:31 -0000
Hi All
Help
I was given as a present a sick TT 1320 transreceiver,
and told that it was damaged by battery connected reverse polarity.
After replacing howling LM386 and rewinding VFO coil.
The RX now works, about 14.000 to 14.075 MHz,  but seems deaf.
To increase AF signal, I am considering
1 Remove C42 to disable feed from half - LM358 to AGC
2 Short across R6 to allow full AF into LM386
I am suspicious of the AF amplifier,  one half of a dual LM358
But reluctant to take it out  - plated through holes make de-soldering near
impossible.
How best might I test the LM385 in-circuit?
Comment and advice please - many thanks
73
Michael
Mi5mtc