[TenTec] Tried out the Extreme Isolation headphones

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tried out the Extreme Isolation headphones
From: "dw" <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:50:56 -0800
Hi Gang,
I got a pair of Extreme Isolation headphones this week.
I'm sending them back.
They are $89 bucks and notworth half that.
not as good as quite as my $25 investment.

Unfortunatly, my radio is in an entertainment room, no other place to
put it.
And my xyl likes the TV cranked.
I went to Rat shack and got their el-cheapo inner ear phones.
The kind that have the black rubber that you squish into your years.
I took those tips off.
THen I take a pair of those expansion sleeping inner ear plugs and with
a needle, melt a hole done the center and glue them onto the ear buds.
These block out what I guess to be about 20dB.
If things get really bad, I take a pair of shot-gun shooter ear
protectors over that.
I can hear my heart beating then :)
--
  dw